Supporting clubs throughout Ontario
Club Development Initiatives
The Ontario Curling Council supports clubs through its member associations, the Ontario Curling Association (CurlON) and the Northern Ontario Curling Association (NOCA). Membership in an associated club of either CurlON or NOCA also means membership with the OCC. Commitment to working together to increase opportunities for Ontarians to curl, supporting programs and services, and improving the strength of Ontario curling clubs through education, programming and expertise is a strategic priority. The OCC is responsible for province-wide initiatives on behalf of its member associations.
Ontario Curling Council
Strategic Priorities for Curling Centres
- Provide strong linkages and partnerships with clubs to leverage and maximize the sport’s development opportunities.
- Work with clubs to promote the sport intentionally to increase participation towards improving overall health and quality of life for the members
- Encourage clubs to collaborate, develop and implement OCC programming into their business models and structures.
- Work with clubs to develop and implement a curling recruitment program to attract new curlers inclusive of youth, families, and new Canadians to the sport.
- Support member clubs in their efforts to engage curling in their communities through supporting programs, shared benefits, and common messaging.
- Actively put the sport to work to achieve broader community goals.
- Ensure collaboration among clubs to increase the availability of facilities for introductory, recreational, competitive and high performance curling.
- Partner, collaborate and share organizational knowledge, resources and best practices to assist clubs in achieving their objectives.
- Be Connected, Coordinated, Accountable in relationships with member clubs.