For the 2017-2018 Season, the Ontario Curling Council will be assuming the responsibilities of Technical Development on behalf of its members, the Ontario Curling Association and the Northern Ontario Curling Association – this includes all National Coaching Certification Program Coach Training, Coach Professional Development and Ice Technician Workshops/Training.
In addition, the Ontario Curling Council is the recipient of another Ontario Sport Communities Recreation Grant – for a one year project “Ontario Kids Curl” – a project that will be pivotal in developing and implementing many of the Youth Feeder System Projects being piloted and tested by Curling Canada for the 2017-2018 season.
We are therefore expanding our team to include an Education Manager for the Southern region of the province.
Term: 10 month contract (starting by August 15, 2017 or earlier – June 15, 2018)
Type of Position: Four Days/week, occasional weekend and evening work in lieu of weekday work
Reporting to: Manager, Programs and Operations (OCC)
Location: Home Office with occasional travel
The Education Manager will:
- be a minimum Certified Competition Coach;
- be an NCCP Coach Developer (Learning Facilitator/Coach Evaluator) (asset);
- have experience coaching children/youth curlers;
- have knowledge of Curling Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development Framework – Curling for Life;
- be able to report on progress and project outcomes;
- be enthusiastic, accountable, reliable and foster the development of teamwork;
- have the ability to travel;
- have a Sports Administration diploma/degree (asset);
- have strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Email, Internet and social media);
- possess excellent written and spoken communication skills (English);
- be a resident of Ontario, or willing to relocate for the duration of the project
- have the ability to effectively collaborate with provincial/territorial associations, curling centres and
- junior coordinators in your region
- Current Police Record check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- be able to work within a home office environment.
The Education Manager – South will;
- Assist with coordinating NCCP Coach Training Events
- Club Coach Youth, Club Coach and Competition Coach
- Competition Coach Evaluations
- Coach Professional Development events and webinars
- Coach Developer (Learning Facilitator/Evaluator) Training and Certification
- Set up registrations, assign facilitators, enter data into NCCP Locker, coordinate equipment and supplies for workshops, source workshop locations
- Administer the “Ontario Kids Curl” Ontario Sport Communities Recreation Grant Project
- Assist with the development of a “Leader In training” Program
- Pilot newly developed Leader in Training Program
- Coordinate Youth Curling Summits
- Assist with running the Curl ON – Hit, Draw and Tap Youth Skills Competition – promoting it to all Ontario Clubs
- Organize and run the CurlON/Curling Canada U15 Challenge Cups
- Organize and be the lead instructor for two Curling Canada U12 Learn to Curl programs. This 8-week pilot program will run once a week.
- Organize and be the lead instructor for two Curling Canada U18 Learn to Curl programs. This 8-week pilot program will run once a week. This program must be run in a curling centre different from the U12 Learn to Curl program.
- Establish at least one youth Inter-Club league within Ontario by collaborating with at least three junior coordinators to assist them in creating a new youth Inter-Club league. The target age groups for these Inter-Club leagues are U15-U18.
- Organize and attend at least three elementary schools in your region and be the lead instructor guiding the school’s Phys. Ed teacher using the PHE Canada Move, Think, Learn curling in the gym program for grades 4-6
- Special Deliverable – this position is support by Curling Canada – the successful applicant will need to travel to Nunavut to conduct Youth curling training(s) once through the contract period.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and to Jennifer Ferris, Manager-Programs and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.