Our partners at CurlON are seeking an Executive Director – learn about the opportunity below:
We are seeking an Executive Director to join our team and lead our organization by overseeing all operational and financial aspects of CurlON. Expected start date September 1, 2023 or earlier.
The Ontario Curling Association (CurlON), is a non-profit organization guided by a dedicated volunteer Board of Directors. CurlON is the sport governing body for amateur curling in Southern Ontario with over 180 member curling facilities serving approximately 50,000 curlers. We are members of the Ontario Curling Council (Provincial Sport Organization) and Curling Canada (National Sport Organization). We operate more than 30 provincial curling championships and provide recreational and competitive programming and services to individual curlers, teams and member facilities. We are committed to creating safe and welcoming curling environments and embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility in all of our operations.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic plan and policies set by the Board of Directors. In addition, the Executive Director is also responsible for administration, promotion and programming of all activities delivered by CurlON.
- Position Title
- Reporting Structure
The Executive Director reports directly to the CurlON Board of Directors through the Chair of the Board.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop, update, execute, monitor and report on Business/Operational Plans that provide direction for a given year by integrating key aspects of the Strategic Plan with the Operational Plan and the budget;
- Responsible for the financial management and budget of the organization;
- Oversee and delegate day-to-day operational activities;
- Recruit, train, manage, evaluate, motivate and develop CurlON staff and/or volunteers;
- Active liaison with the Ontario Curling Council (OCC), the Northern Ontario Curling Association (NOCA) and Curling Canada;
- Implement board policies and directives;
- Assist the board with Strategic Planning;
- Deliver and monitor all programs and services to ensure consistency and quality;
- Establish, maintain and promote relations with internal and external stakeholders, provincial/territorial associations and government agencies where appropriate;
- Develop and enhance positive community and member relationships;
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of the association brand, marketing and promotion planning. Ensure a strong social media presence;
- Represent the organization within external committees, media and member relations;
- Execute special projects as required;
- Manage organization’s risk management program and legal requirements;
- Support an environment of continuous improvement;
- Ensure compliance and oversight with Safe Sport practices and procedures.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and displays strategic thinking
- Clear criminal record check
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire others
- Must be able to travel within province and nationally on occasion
- Previous financial and project management experience working with budgets of more than $1.5M
- Highly ethical behaviour
- Marketing and promotion experience with emphasis on social media engagement
- Education and Experience
- Post Secondary degree or diploma preferably in Business or Sport/Recreation Administration OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in non-profit sector, or working in a senior management and/or Executive Director role
- Knowledge of curling, Ontario/Canadian Sport System is an asset
- Prior successful experience working with a board of directors
6. We’re Offering:
- Full-time position
- Remote working environment
- Flexible hours, salaried position with seasonal evening and weekend work required.
- Competitive compensation package based on education/experience includes employee benefits (Medical/Dental/Extended Health)
- Positive work environment with opportunity for personal and professional development
If you’re interested in joining our team, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5:00 pm EST on June 20, 2023.
Job Description PDF
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Come as you are. You are welcome here! CurlON is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity, and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from all walks of life, including marginalized and equity-seeking groups (i.e. members of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities). Accommodations are available upon request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.